I’ve been using this all natural whipped body butter recipes for years now.
Body Butter Ingredients
Make 2 1/2 to 3 cups of whipped butter
1 cup Organic Raw Shea Butter
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup light oil (like Almond Oil or Grape Seed Oil)
Optional: 10-30 drops of essential oils of choice (try Lavender, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Orange, Peppermint, Frankincense or Rosemary)
Body Butter Instructions
- Melt Shea butter and Coconut oil in a double boiler or glass bowl on low heat.
- Stir constantly until ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes
- Stir in Almond oil and essential oils of your choice. I like to use Lavender or Frankincense
- Move to freezer and let cool until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
- In the summer, I keep a small jar in the bathroom and store the rest in the refrigerator
- A little goes a long way
Not all essentials oils are skin friendly or child friendly. Please do your own research before adding.
- You can use whatever oils you wish, just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid
- The chilling step is crucial. If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped. About 20 minutes in the freezer usually does the trick. Make sure you scrape down the sides before mixing
- Since this recipe does not contain any water, it will not mold. You should keep it in a cool place but not necessarily refrigerated
- The body butter melts as it goes on and gets a little oily but absorbs beautifully, quickly and leaves you skin very soft